- The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
- An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- Each image must have a unique title, limited to 35 ENGLISH characters including spacing, in order to be counted for future Distinctions application. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image, may not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title and also may not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition.
- Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
- No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount.
- Each entrant may submit for all 4 sections, up to 4 entries per section. Entrant MUST NOT submit the same entry in other sections.
- Each image and parts of the image must be personal and exclusive work of the entrant. Any modification of the original image must be made by the entrant or under his personal direction.
- Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker. Digital manipulations in all traditional open sections should be kept to a minimum where the reality of the image should not be distorted
- Participants are to submit their entries on-line only via website: www.spp-salon.org. CD or email attachments will not be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted in JPEG format with maximum image width (horizontal) is1920 pixels and maximum image height (vertical) is 1080 pixels and limited to a maximum file size of 3MB. Entries should not exceed these horizontal and vertical resolutions and file size.
- Image which is much smaller than this dimension is viewed with borders round the image (hint: appears smaller in relative to whole screen size and is usually in a more disadvantaged situation). The images will not be resized for the judging. Images will be judged on a 60 inch 4k UHD LED TV for display.
- By sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- The submission of entries signifies the entrant’s acceptance of the Conditions of entry.
- Judges are not allowed to participate in this Salon in the section which they are appointed as Judge.
- The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence shall be entertained.
- This Salon is conducted in conformity with Photographic Society of America (PSA), Federation Internationale De L’Art Photographique (FIAP), International Union of Photographers (IUP), Photographic Society of Malaysia (PSM) and Society of Photographers Penang (SPP) regulations. Acceptances and awards from this Salon are eligible for PSA Star Ratings, Who’s Who, and credited towards the PSA and FIAP Distinctions.
- Each entrant to this salon must observe the rules of PSA and FIAP.
Rules of PSA
If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
- the images are the original work of the entrant and
- the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
Rules of FIAP
Each author whose image shows any suspicions about the compliance with FIAP regulations or definitions can be requested by the organiser or by FIAP, to submit the original file (file containing the data recorded by the sensor, if so, the RAW file) plus the file of the image immediately before and immediately following the questionable image. If he/she failed to provide what is required, he can be sanctioned.
The names of sanctioned entrants are put on a list, which is sent to the organisers of FIAP salons. Their participation in any event of FIAP is restricted or banned depending on the case. Neither can they be appointed as judges of FIAP salons, nor participate in a salon under FIAP patronage, nor organise a salon with FIAP patronage, nor apply for FIAP distinctions and they lose the right to use FIAP distinctions they have formerly received.
IMPORTANT: Concerning digital entries, FIAP recommends that authors should preserve intact, with no alteration, the original metadata of images. In case of contestation for incompliance with FIAP regulations the fact of not being able to access this important data could mean that the author could be sanctioned.
Persons who are found guilty of plagiarism are excluded lifelong from FIAP activities.
Salon chairmen, persons closely involved in the organisation of the salon and persons in charge of the handling of the salon software are not allowed to participate in the salon.